BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
Our before and after school programs provide convenient, reliable, and safe care for children. Serving Hunterdon County since 1985, all of our programs are licensed by the State of New Jersey. We make sure that children get individualized attention keeping our adult to child ratio averaging at 1:10.
The before school programs begin at 7 a.m. and run until the school day starts, and after school programs begin at dismissal and run until 6 p.m. There is a choice of attending 2, 3, 4, or 5 days per week for the after school program. The before school program fee covers 5 days per week regardless of the number of days attending. Drop-in care is available for most programs, though children must be registered before attending. Please note, drop-in care is not available for Barley Sheaf, Holland after school programs, or Desmares before school program.
Program Activities Your Child Will Love
Program activities include homework time, group activities, community service projects, a time for free play, and Healthy U. A monthly calendar highlights group and themed activities and special events. Programs run on most school holidays and the holiday programs are available to children in the after school program only. There is no additional fee for holiday programs as long as the holiday falls on a day the child is regularly scheduled to attend.
Benefits of the Program
Our before and after school programs include some great benefits for parents. There’s no need to travel, as our program is located inside the school. Additionally, your child will attend these extracurricular activities at their school surrounded by classmates and peers he or she already knows. Feel secure in knowing your child is under the supervision of experienced guidance, in the longtime established and trusted YMCA.
Schools We Service
Locations have both before school and after school programs unless otherwise noted. Schools we service are as follows:
- Barley Sheaf School (after school program full, call to be placed on waiting list)
- Conley School
- Copper Hill School
- Delaware Township
- Desmares School
- East Amwell Township School
- Holland Brook School (after school only)
- Holland Township (contact staff for rates) (after school program full, call to be placed on waiting list)
- Kingwood Township School (before school starts 7:15 a.m.)
- Lambertville Public School
- Readington Middle School (after school only)
- Reading-Fleming Intermediate School
- Robert Hunter School Stockton Borough School
- Tewksbury Elementary School
- Three Bridges School
- West Amwell Township School
- Whitehouse School
Rates and Registration
Two full business days are required in between registration and attendance, not including weekends and holidays. Registration for these programs require:
- A completed registration packet
- Current YMCA membership for your child
- A non-refundable $40 registration fee ($50 between 8/23 & 9/12)
- Payment in full for the 1st month’s tuition (except June 1 thru Aug 21)
- A non-refundable $100 deposit, which will be subtracted from the final tuition payment, provided a proper 30-day notice is given.
School Age Child Care Director:
(Contact for Delaware, East Amwell, Holland, Kingwood, and West Amwell districts)
(Contact for Flemington-Raritan, Readington, Conley, and Tewksbury districts)