EMPLOYMENT AT YMCA SUMMER DAY CAMP
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE SUMMER OF 2017, WE WILL BEGIN ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2018 IN JANUARY
This is the first job for many applicants. Following is an outline of our requirements and what you can expect.
Applying for a position at camp is a competitive process with multiple stages. Staffing is based on enrollment and successful staff from previous years have the opportunity to reapply. Each year we have more Applications than positions available. However, we always have some positions available. During the Application and Interview process, if you meet the required standards you may be chosen to move on to the next stage. If you are not chosen to move on, we will do our best to notify you.
CONSIDERATIONS BEFORE APPLYING:
- Must be at least 15 years old by June 19. Specific positions have additional age requirements.
- The first day of camp is June 19 and the last day of traditional camp is August 18 (9 weeks). You must be able to work 8 of the 9 weeks.
- The camp day begins at 8:45am and ends at 4:15pm.
- You must attend several mandatory trainings prior to the start of camp. Training dates include: Friday, June 9th – evening, Saturday, June 10th - full day and Saturday, June 17th – full day. These dates are not confirmed, but are probable. (Additional training dates will be announced prior to the start of camp).
POSITIONS AT CAMP:
Arts & Crafts Coordinator
Assistant Arts & Crafts Coordinator
Health & Office Coordinator
Specialty Program Coordinator
Sports & Games Coordinator
Waterfront Counselor (lifeguard/swim instructor)
Waterfront Counselor II (lifeguard/swim instructor)
APPLICATION PROCESS - Applications accepted after January 1:
Complete appropriate HCYMCA Application:
- Online Employment Application (for new employees)
- Online Re-Employment Application (former employees when less than 24 months has passed since last employment with HCYMCA)
- Online Notice of Interest Form (current employees).
Tips: Complete Application yourself.
Incomplete Applications cannot be considered.
It is not necessary to request a specific position at camp.
Please include qualifications such as lifeguard certification.
If you do not have Professional References you may use teachers, guidance counselors, scout leaders, or someone who knows you well.
Ask permission from References; let them know they may receive a call from us.
INTERVIEW PROCESS - Interviews will be held the week of April 10-15:
- Our staff review the Applications and determine who will be interviewed.
- Is Application complete, legible and prepared by applicant?
- If you are selected, staff will contact you directly in late March - early April. Check your phone and email messages regularly.
- A Group Interview is held to determine who will have an individual interview.
- An individual interview is held, which is a deeper investigation to find the candidates who are the best fit for our camp and campers.
If you have additional questions, please contact Kristin Heimall, Senior Program Director at (908) 483-4932 or email@example.com.