Carmen’s Tip – Plateau or Phase?
Your results have stopped. You’ve reached the dreaded plateau….or have you? Here are some ideas to help you identify where the problem is and how to get back on track.
- Diet: Have your eating habits slipped or become a little lax? Before you know it, portion sizes can become larger and rare treats become regular occurrences again. Buckle down to your original plan.
- Workouts: If your nutrition is on point, then take a look at your workout regime. Are you pushing as hard as you were a few weeks ago? Finish those final reps completely. Keep up your cardio effort and intensity. It will pay off.
- Sleep: You need adequate sleep for your body to heal, repair, and progress. Aim for 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Track your efforts: Record what you do. Try to perform better today than yesterday.
- Track your results: Measure your results in ways other than the scale. A decrease in body fat may not show up as weight loss on the scale. Measure by the fit of your clothes.
Rededicate yourself to all of the above and regardless of whether you were in a phase or a plateau, you will once again be moving forward.