Carmen’s Post – Staying Healthy & Fit As You Get Older
As we continue to celebrate Older Americans Month, we want to highlight the many great advantages to staying healthy and fit as you get older. Not only does a healthy lifestyle potentially add years to your life, it will add LIFE to your YEARS!
Physical Benefits of Exercise:
- Maintain or lose weight
- Improve immune and digestive function
- Better blood pressure
- Increased bone density
- Lower risk of diabetes, obesity, heart disease, osteoporosis and certain cancers
- Enhanced mobility, flexibility, and balance for less falls and injury.
Mental Benefits of Exercise:
- Improved sleep
- Boosts mood and self-confidence
- Improves brain function and may help prevent memory loss, cognitive decline, and dementia.
Remember, it is NEVER too late to get started!
Here’s a great article with more helpful information: www.helpguide.org/articles/healthy-living/exercise-and-fitness-as-you-age.htm/