Erika’s Heart Healthy Tip
Fiber & Heart Health
Fiber-containing plant based foods are important for overall health and prevention of heart disease and diabetes. It is recommended that we consume 25-38 grams of fiber daily, which can be challenging! The best sources of fiber are fruits (think pears, apples, strawberries), vegetables, whole grains, nuts, beans, and seeds.
Additionally, here’s a list of Registered Dietician approved High-Fiber snack/convenience options that can make it easier to reach your daily fiber goal:
• Trader Joe’s Beet Chips (7 gm fiber per bag)
• FiberGourmet Thinables (11-12 gm fiber per oz)
• Barbara’s Puffins Cereal, Original (5 gm fiber per ¾ cup)
• F-Factor Fiber/Protein Bar (20 gm fiber per bar)
• Nugo Nutrition Fiber Dlish Bar (12 gm fiber per bar)
• GG Scandinavian Crispbread Thins (2-4 gm fiber per cracker)
Here’s to your healthy heart!