Ages 4-14 years old
June 20- September 1 (Sessions 1-11)
Camp Carr is located in beautiful Clinton Township along the south branch of the Raritan River and adjacent the South Branch Nature Preserve. Camp Carr is your traditional camp environment where children enjoy the outdoors – learning about nature, taking on new challenges, building upon their self-esteem and making new friends. Most of our counselors were campers themselves and have now returned to pass on their positive camp experiences to the next generation.
Each day campers follow a fun packed structured schedule. Each session has a theme week and special days.
GENERAL CAMP INFORMATION
- Sessions: All camps are 1-week sessions
- Camp Hours: Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Extended Care Opportunities – Extended care is a supervised recreation program available for all full day camp programs. Daily or hourly rates are not available, and the parent must provide transportation. Extended care options include morning care from 7 a.m.–9 a.m. and afternoon care from 4 p.m.–6 p.m.
- Sibling Discount – $15 per session. Please note, discount will be applied by our billing department, after registration
- Financial Assistance – The Hunterdon County YMCA is a non-profit United Way agency dedicated to serving all local residents. Financial aid is available to qualified applicants.
- Online account for Snack Bar Cards at Camp Carr & Sports Camp - create an account at FunFangle. From here you can add funds and check balances.
Daily Sample Schedule:
- Opening Ceremonies
- Program Period
- Swim Lesson Ages 4-9/Free Swim ages 10+
- Arts & Crafts
- Free Swim
- Electives (Camper’s Choice)
- Closing Ceremony
We are excited to relaunch our age groups. As you see there are overlapping ages. This allows greater flexibility within the groups. Our recommendation is to register them based on the mixed ages. (EXAMPLE: If your child is just turning 6 years old in July them you should register them in the Thunderbirds. If they are going to be 8 in July then they should be registered in Wranglers). Please note: The above example is only a recommendation. You are welcome to register your child for any group that has the appropriate age listed.