Camp Carr is located in beautiful Clinton Township along the south branch of the Raritan River. We believe camp is a place where children have the opportunity to try new activities, take on new challenges, increase their self esteem and grow in a safe, nurturing, fun environment. We accomplish this through a dynamic and creative program organized by our warm and caring professional staff.
One-Week Sessions – Camp Carr Traditional Day Camp
Full Members: $275
Program Members: $310
Please note, May 1: Camp fee increases $20 per session. Register early and save!
Online changes and registrations end 1 week before the beginning of each session. In person registrations end at noon the Friday before each session begins.
GENERAL CAMP INFORMATION
- Sessions: All camps are 1-week sessions
- Camp Hours: Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Extended Care Opportunities – Extended care is a supervised recreation program available for all full day camp programs. Daily or hourly rates are not available, and the parent must provide transportation. Extended care options include morning care from 7:15 a.m.–9 a.m. and afternoon care from 4 p.m.–6 p.m.
- Bus Transportation – Transportation by bus is available for students attending both Camp Carr and Sports Camp for sessions 2-9
- Sibling Discount – $15 per session. Please note, discount will be applied by our billing department, after registration
- Financial Assistance – The Hunterdon County YMCA is a non-profit United Way agency dedicated to serving all local residents. Financial aid is available to qualified applicants.
- Online account for Snack Bar Cards at Camp Carr & Sports Camp - create an account at FunFangle. From here you can add funds and check balances.
- Jr. Camp: Ages 4 to 5
- Rangers: Ages 6 to 7
- Scouts: Ages 6 to 7 (Note: Rangers and Scouts are identical groups)
- Pathfinders: Ages 8 to 9
- Explorers: Ages 8 to 9 (Note: Pathfinders and Explorers are identical groups)
- Trailblazers: Ages 10 to 11
- PIONEERS: Ages 11 to 13 years old (Split by gender)
Mad Science Camps
Ages 6-10 years old
Mad Science summer camps give kids the opportunity to learn about science through our interactive and hands-on science activities. Our summer science programs let children become junior scientists for the summer and embark on a series of science adventures!
Bricks 4 Kidz® Camps
Ages 6 to 12 years old
BRICKS 4 KIDZ® camps are a high-energy, fast-paced setting where kids discover, explore, invent and create. The camps provide a child the opportunity to take a simple model, add their own imagination, and test the limits of their creativity. Whether building specific Bricks 4 Kidz® motorized models and then modifying them or building during free play, the campers will have a great time. In addition to lots of building with LEGOS® our themed camps include games, challenges, and role playing.
Ages 8 to 14 years old
Travel camp is for the adventurous camper. Each day the group will hop onboard a bus that departs Camp Carr and travel to an exciting destination. Most trips are within an hour radius of the camp (some may be a bit further). Trip destinations can include, but are not limited to, roller and ice-skating, historical destinations, indoor and outdoor amusement parks, pizza and movie day, swim destinations, and much more. The Travel camp schedule is posted early in the year. We do our best to keep the schedule as published, however due to the early creation of the schedule or weather issues we sometimes need to alter the trip destinations. Please be aware the schedule may change; it will be updated on the YMCA website if changes occur. Each Wednesday trips are planned to a further destination and will require an early drop off (7:45am) and a late pick-up (6:00pm) at Camp Carr. If your child is a bus rider to and from camp you will need to make other arrangements that day as they will not be able to utilize the bus.
Horseback Riding Camp
Ages 8-13 years old |
Campers will be transported from Camp Carr to Kierson Farms and return to Camp Carr. Campers’ mornings will be spent at the horse farm experiencing all the challenges of owning, caring for, and riding horses. Experienced staff will instruct children in English and Western style riding along with the daily upkeep of the barn, tack, and grooming of the horses. Each day, campers will ride horses appropriate for their knowledge and skill level. Speakers may include a ferrier and a veterinarian. Afternoons will be spent taking part in traditional camp activities such as arts & crafts, hiking, sports and games or swimming at Camp Carr. For more about Kierson Farms visit www.kiersonridinglessonsnj.com.