Ages 6-10 years old
Mad Science Camps are one week, full day sessions. Mad Science programs run in the morning from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm or in the afternoon from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Children will be split according to age. When the children are not participating in Mad Science, they will enjoy the everyday activities of camp such as arts and crafts, swimming, sports and games, special events and making friends.
Full Members: $303 | Program Members: $353
Please note, May 1, 2019: Camp fee increases $20 per session. Register early and save!
Online changes and registrations end 1 week before the beginning of each session. In person registrations end at noon the Friday before each session begins.
GENERAL CAMP INFORMATION
- Sessions: All camps are 1-week sessions
- Camp Hours: Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Extended Care Opportunities – Extended care is a supervised recreation program available for all full day camp programs. Daily or hourly rates are not available, and the parent must provide transportation. Extended care options include morning care from 7:15 a.m.–9 a.m. and afternoon care from 4 p.m.–6 p.m.
- Bus Transportation – Transportation by bus is available for students attending both Camp Carr and Sports Camp for sessions 2-9
- Sibling Discount – $15 per session. Please note, discount will be applied by our billing department, after registration
- Financial Assistance – The Hunterdon County YMCA is a non-profit United Way agency dedicated to serving all local residents. Financial aid is available to qualified applicants.
- Online account for Snack Bar Cards at Camp Carr & Sports Camp - create an account at FunFangle. From here you can add funds and check balances.
NASA: Journey into Outer Space
July 22 – July 26 (Session 6)
Mad Science has teamed up with NASA in a quest for exploration! We’ll take a voyage of discovery into the atmosphere and beyond as we explore planets, moons, and other space phenomena in our solar system. Things will heat up as we examine the sun and other stars and discover the difficulties of space travel! Kids will get a firsthand experience of the challenges of living in space as they try assemble a satellite while training to be an astronaut. Kids will love to build their own Mad Science rocket, and participate in a real “NASA” style rocket launch. Campers will have lots of projects to make and many cool NASA take homes, including a gravity assisted launcher, a Shuttle Copter, and more! Mad Science is the ONLY organization licensed by NASA to use these activities for Summer Camps. This Camp is Out of this World!
Eureka! Launching with Legends
July 29 – August 2 (Session 7)
Anyone can be an inventor! Discover the work of da Vinci, Edison, Tesla, and Benjamin Franklin and use what you learn to invent solutions to everyday problems, prepare patent proposals, receive a patent certificate, build your own catapult, and even launch projectiles off a large trebuchet! Budding inventors bring home a model catapult, a mysterious spinning stick, a helicopter, and countless other cool inventions. Take a Trip in Time with the Legends!
Super Slimy Smokey Science
August 5 – August 9 (Session 8)
Dive into a variety of scientific fields as you mix and stretch silly putty and slime, copperplate nickels, and investigate the mysteries of optical illusions. Become captivated by lasers, dry ice, watch hair-raising Van de Graaff experiments, help solve a mystery, and so much more! Tinker with circuits, catapults, and experience what happens when you mix science and fun! Come Get Slimed with your Friends!
Secret Agent Lab: Spies like Us Camp
August 12 – August 16 (Session 9)
Step into the shoes of a detective—uncover the science involved in evidence gathering and analysis. Become a super sleuth and learn clever ways of performing tasks in this hands-on view of the science that spies use. From decoding messages to metal detectors and night vision, campers will have the opportunity to check out spy equipment, and discover the technological tools of detection! Mad Science Spy Camp is 00-Awesome!!
Mad Machines & Junior Engineers
August 19 – August 23 (Session 10)
Whether you enjoy building structures or destroying them, you’ll be more than satisfied with this summer camp! Mini Mad Science engineers will design and build skyscrapers using simple tools and intricate imaginations. Exercise your ability to work together in order to construct a geodesic dome big enough for all of the campers to fit inside! Work with pulleys, wedges, screws, and levers & assemble your own catapults! Maneuver robots around an obstacle course, play robot soccer, and even test line-tracking robots during this week-long camp full of (robot and children) hands-on excitement! Let the Machine Madness Begin!