Ages 6-10 years old
Mad Science Camps are one week, full day sessions. Mad Science programs run in the morning from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm or in the afternoon from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Children will be split according to age. When the children are not participating in Mad Science, they will enjoy the everyday activities of camp such as arts and crafts, swimming, sports and games, special events and making friends.
MAD SCIENCE CAMP FEE PER WEEK:
Full Members: $310 Program Members: $345
Please note, May 1: Camp fee increases $20 per session. Register early and save!
Online changes and registrations end 1 week before the beginning of each session. In person registrations end at noon the Friday before each session begins.
GENERAL CAMP INFORMATION
- Sessions: All camps are 1-week sessions
- Camp Hours: Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Extended Care Opportunities – Extended care is a supervised recreation program available for all full day camp programs. Daily or hourly rates are not available, and the parent must provide transportation. Extended care options include morning care from 7:15 a.m.–9 a.m. and afternoon care from 4 p.m.–6 p.m.
- Bus Transportation – Transportation by bus is available for students attending both Camp Carr and Sports Camp for sessions 2-9
- Sibling Discount – $15 per session. Please note, discount will be applied by our billing department, after registration
- Financial Assistance – The Hunterdon County YMCA is a non-profit United Way agency dedicated to serving all local residents. Financial aid is available to qualified applicants.
- Online account for Snack Bar Cards at Camp Carr & Sports Camp - create an account at FunFangle. From here you can add funds and check balances.
- Need to make changes to your child's camp schedule? Click here
Red Hot Robots
July 27 – July 31 (Session 6)
Join Mad Science for a week of fun with our marvelous robots! Children will explore the fundamentals of robotics, discover the science of circuits, and how robots use sensors to explore things around them. After experimenting with sound-sensing robots, line-tracking robots, and even robots that can play soccer, campers will be well-equipped to build their own working robot to take home. Children will also build simple circuits, test for conductivity, and discover how switches work as they participate in a variety of hands-on activities & games. Join us for Sizzling Summer Robots!
Super Slimy Smoky Science Camp
August 3-August 7 (Session 7)
Dive into a variety of scientific fields as you mix and stretch silly putty and slime, copperplate nickels, and investigate the mysteries of optical illusions. Become captivated by lasers, dry ice, watch hair-raising Van de Graaff experiments, help solve a mystery, and so much more! Tinker with circuits, catapults, and experience what happens when you mix science and fun! Come Get Slimed with your Friends!
Radical Reactions & Detective Science
August 10 – August 14 (Session 8)
Mad Science brings awe-inspiring experiments paired with thought-provoking detective work to campers, nurturing scientific interests and evoking fascination. Children will learn about chemical reactions as they grow crystals, create sidewalk chalk from scratch, and design chromatography t-shirts to take home. Campers become trained science sleuths as they investigate the role of chemistry at the scene of a crime. We spark curiosity by asking children to make thorough observations while dusting for fingerprints. This Camp is Radically Cool!
Eureka: Take Flight to the Future
August 17 – August 21 (Session 9)
Calling all innovators! Bring your imagination and let it SOAR as you create a squadron of paper airplanes the Wright brothers would be proud of! Explore technological advances in flight: hot air balloons, flying machines, and spacecraft. Launch a variety of stomp rockets, and even take one home! Learn about lasers, microgravity, and space stations. Become inspired by Verne and Asimov and build submarines, brainstorm the telecommunications and transportation of the future. This camp culminates with campers building their own sci-fi inspired light sabers that they can take home, along with their dreams! The Future is Now!
Space: Infinity & Beyond Camp
August 24 – August 28 (Session 10)
If your child is astro “nuts,” he or she will absolutely love this camp! Children involved in this program will develop an interest for outer space or can expand a previous passion for our sensational solar system. Using the Scientific Method, campers will investigate the mechanics of unique flying machines, such as balloon-copters, boomerangs, and mini hovercrafts. Children will be transported to the past as they delve into how early “pilots” navigated throughout space as they create their own sextant and sundial. Building upon previous experiments and knowledge learned throughout the week, campers will use what they’ve learned to construct a model rocket and have the option of participating in a live launch demonstration. Come on a Journey to the Edge of the Universe!