Ages 7 – 11 years old
We are excited to share with the community our new collaborative camp program. The Hunterdon County YMCA and the Educational Service Commission (ESC) are partnering to offer three amazing camp weeks. The camp programs will take place at the Califon property of the ESC. This beautiful campus sit high in the hills of Hunterdon County overlooking the Ken Lockwood Gorge. This area in Hunterdon is well known for its many preserved nature areas. The natural beauty is astounding. Bald eagles, red tailed hawks, fox, and many more creatures call this place home, which tells us this is the perfect setting for our nature camps.
Full Members: $295 Program Members: $345
How these camps work:
Campers will start their day at either Camp Carr or Sports Camp; you can choose either of these camps to be your home camp. Campers will then be transported by school bus from their home camp (Camp Carr or Sports Camp) to the ESC in Califon. Half the day is spent at the ESC and the other half of the day campers will return to their home camp for swimming and other camp activities, as well as for dismissal, busing and extended care).
Nature and Exploration Camp
Ages 6-8 years old
July 29-August 2 (Session 7)
The Hunterdon ESC property in Califon provides an exceptional location to host a nature program. This property is adjacent to the Ken Lockwood Gorge which is abundant with flora, fauna and animal life. Campers will learn all about the wonders of nature through hands on games, activities and projects. Campers will gain a greater respect for the outdoor world and the creatures that live in it. Perhaps they may get a glimpse of a Bald Eagle or other amazing animals that live in the area.
Ages 7-11 years old
June 24-June 28 (Session 2) • July 22-July 29 (Session 6)
Even the most experienced fishermen or woman would love this camp. Through fun and engaging games and activities campers will learn all the interrelated environment factors that contribute to a successful fishing day. Each day (weather permitting) campers will have an opportunity to fish at the ESC fully stocked catch-and-release pond while trying to catch rainbow trout, largemouth bass and bluegills. Alongside an introduction to reel and fly fishing campers will explore a pond and creek environment while discovering the critters that call the area home. Throughout the week, campers will practice fishing and play games and activities to get to know the environment around them. On Friday, there will be a fishing competition with prizes given out to the campers who catch the largest and the most fish!
Survival & Adventure Camp
Ages 8-11 years old
July 16 – July 20 (Session 5)
Lost in the woods? Not these campers!! After a week of learning about shelter building, plant and animal identification, tracking, water purification, outdoor hazards, survival gear and so much more they will be ready to head out on an overnight camping adventure. The ESC property is perfect for experiencing this adventure camp. Activities will challenge campers in a fun experiential way that sparks their curiosity for exploration, nature and how to live alongside harmoniously.
Please note, May 1, 2019: Camp fee increases $20 per session. Register early and save!
Online changes and registrations end 1 week before the beginning of each session. In person registrations end at noon the Friday before each session begins.
GENERAL CAMP INFORMATION
- Sessions: All camps are 1-week sessions
- Camp Hours: Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Extended Care Opportunities – Extended care is a supervised recreation program available for all full day camp programs. Daily or hourly rates are not available, and the parent must provide transportation. Extended care options include morning care from 7:15 a.m.–9 a.m. and afternoon care from 4 p.m.–6 p.m.
- Bus Transportation – Transportation by bus is available for students attending both Camp Carr and Sports Camp for sessions 2-9
- Sibling Discount – $15 per session. Please note, discount will be applied by our billing department, after registration
- Financial Assistance – The Hunterdon County YMCA is a non-profit United Way agency dedicated to serving all local residents. Financial aid is available to qualified applicants.
- Online account for Snack Bar Cards at Camp Carr & Sports Camp - create an account at FunFangle. From here you can add funds and check balances.