CHILD WATCH IS HERE FOR YOU
A Fun, Safe Environment for Kids
Need someone to look after your child and keep them entertained while you work out? Our energetic staff will engage children 8 weeks-13 years in age appropriate and fun activities. Older children may bring in homework, books, and tablets. Parents/care givers must stay in/around the building. Register for a spot online when you register for your Swim/Fitness class or if you have another child in a class. For Phase I, Child Watch available at the Deer Path Branch only.
Does your class run at the same time as your child’s? We can help. Child Watch Staff is available to transport your child to classes held in the multi-purpose room, gym, Healthy Living Studio, or conference room. There is no transport to the pool or fields.
Per NJ Executive Order, face coverings are required for children indoors ages 2-11.
Full Facility Members: Included!
Program Member/Non-Member Fee: $3 per hour per child
2 hour time limit per day
For more information contact Terri Snyder, Child Watch Coordinator, 908.782.1030, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click Child Watch Reservation button
- Select Deer Path Branch from drop-down then Schedule a Visit button (Child Watch currently only available at Deer Path)
- Log-into your Y account
- Select the child(dren) you would like to schedule in Child Watch, then click Child Watch box
- Pick an upcoming date – please note reservations close 1 hour before each scheduled time period
- Click a visit time to start the reservation.
- The system will default to a 90 minute reservation. Unclick any unneeded time periods.
- Click Book Appointment when done
If you need to cancel your Child Watch reservation log-into your Y member account, then from the My Account drop down in the upper right corner, select Appointments. Locate the reservation you wish to cancel and the click the word Cancel.
The following guidelines are for the safety and well-being of your child.
- All staff are First Aid & CPR certified
- Children must wear shoes or other foot coverings. No bare feet allowed.
- Parents will be located for children who cannot be consoled.
- You may bring in an epi pen if your child has allergies. Please tell staff what the child is allergic to and what action should be taken.
- If a child’s behavior prevents them from participating safely, the parent will be located.
- Visits are limited to two hours per day.
Sign in/ Sign out
- Children must be signed in and out.
- Parent/Caregiver signing children in must be the one signing out.
- Parent/Guardian must note the location within/out the facility where they can be located.
- If taking an outside class please leave your cell number.
- Parents cannot leave the grounds.
- All items brought into Child Watch must be labeled with child’s name.
- Favorite toys or other items should be left home.
- NO FOOD is permitted in Child Watch.
- Plastic bottle for infants and sippy cups with lids are permitted. Must be labeled with child’s name.
- Child should be changed or toileted prior to signing in.
- Staff CANNOT change diapers. Parents will be located and must come immediately to change a soiled diaper or potty accident
- Children who are toilet trained will be brought to the Special Needs bathroom by the Welcome Center.
- Children who have been sick within the past 24 hours should not be brought to Child Watch.
- If children are too sick to go to school they are too sick to come to Child Watch.
- Children who become ill during care must be removed immediately.
Special Needs & Accommodations
- We strive to make every accommodation possible for children with special needs. Please contact the Y’s Child Watch Team in advance of your child’s first visit to discuss your child’s specific needs.