EMPLOYMENT AT 2018 SUMMER DAY CAMP
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Camp. Our Camps have a strong history of providing great summer experiences for our Campers. Following is an outline of our requirements, what you can expect, and tips for success.
Applying for a position at camp is a competitive, multiple stage process. The number of staff we hire is based on camper enrollment. Additionally, successful staff from previous years have the opportunity to reapply. Due to the popularity of employment at Camp, each year we have more Applicants than positions available. However, we always have some positions available.
During the Application and Interview process, if you meet the required standards you may be chosen to move on to the next stage. If you are not chosen to move on, we will do our best to notify you.
CONSIDERATIONS BEFORE APPLYING:
- Do not submit your Application before January 1.
- You must be at least 15 years old by June 18. Specific positions have additional age requirements.
- The first day of camp is June 18 and the last day of camp is August 30 (11 weeks). To provide continuity for our Campers, you must be able to work 9 of the 11 weeks.
- The camp day is Monday through Friday from 8:45am to 4:15pm.
- Y staff are well trained. June 9 and June 16 are all-day mandatory camp trainings. The evening of June 8 may be added as a training date. There are four additional trainings that all new Y employees must complete prior to the start of camp. These training dates will be provided with New Hire paperwork. Staff are paid for attending HCYMCA trainings.
- If offered employment, those under age 18 will need to provide working papers from their School Guidance Department. Completed working papers must be submitted before the first training date.
- Check for phone and email messages regularly.
POSITIONS AT CAMP:
Arts & Crafts Coordinator
Assistant Arts & Crafts Coordinator
Health & Office Coordinator
Specialty Program Coordinator
Sports & Games Coordinator
Waterfront Counselor (lifeguard/swim instructor)
Waterfront Counselor II (lifeguard/swim instructor)
APPLICATION PROCESS - Complete appropriate HCY Online Application:
Employment Application: New employees and former employees separated more than 24 months.
Re-Employment Application (deadline to submit is 3/23/17): Former employees separated less than 24 months.
Current HCY employees: Email Kristin Heimall directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete Application yourself.
- Be thorough. Incomplete Applications cannot be considered.
- It is acceptable but not necessary to request a specific position at camp.
- Include relevant qualifications, such as lifeguard certification.
- If you do not have Professional References you may list teachers, guidance counselors, scout leaders, or someone who knows you well.
- Let References know they may receive a call from us.
INTERVIEW PROCESS – We anticipate conducting interviews the week of March 26.
1. Our staff review the Applications and determine who will be interviewed.
- Is Application completed thoroughly and by applicant?
- If you are selected, staff will contact you beginning in March. Check your phone and email messages regularly.
2. A Group Interview is held to determine who will have an individual interview.
3. An individual interview is held, which is a deeper investigation to find the candidates who are the best fit for our camp and campers.
We wish you the best of luck in the Application process. If you have any questions, please contact Julie Hoffman, in Human Resources at (908) 483-4330 or email@example.com.