FREE TRANSITION TRAINING WORKSHOP
Triathlon/Duathlon Race Transitions:
How to be Efficient, Safe & Fast!
Wednesday, August 9 at 6:00 pm
Deer Path Branch, 144 West Woodschurch Rd. Flemington
Most participants in triathlons and duathlons consider the "transitions" to be the 4th sport in the race event. It should come as no surprise that significant time can be gained (or lost) during the two (2) transitions (better known as T1 and T2).
How do we negotiate the "transition area" in the most efficient manner possible? This workshop is intended to provide the participants with many tools, information and expert guidance on proper triathlon/duathlon transition strategies, including many of the following topics:
- Setup - equipment lists and transition area layout, including best organization tips
- Rules - a review of current USAT rules which will govern the race
- Safety - how to avoid potential mishaps while negotiating the transitions
- Etiquette - learn the unwritten rules of transitions, and how to best respect your fellow competitors
- Special Techniques - "tricks of the trade", and other secrets of the transition
- Other - dealing with unexpected situations, while minimizing unnecessary stress.
Peter Turek (P3T Coaching, LLC) will be our instructor for this workshop. Peter is a veteran triathlete, having competed in more than 100 triathlons during the past 25 years. He has participated in triathlons all over the world, including numerous national (USAT) and World Championship events, at all race distances (Sprint, Olympic, Half Ironman and Ironman). Peter has been a top finisher (podium) at many races, and he has earned the recognition of USAT All-American for the past 10 years in a row. He is certified coach; USA Triathlon (Level I) and US Masters Swim (Level III). Peter has participated in the Skylands Triathlon more than a dozen times during the past 25 years.
Free program open to Y members and the community. Registration required.