Starting this Fall The Best Swim Lessons Just Got Better!
NEW! Y Stingrays Swim Academy Featuring: Nationally Recognized Y Progressive Swim Program
We will continue to provide the same great National Y progressive swim program developed by aquatics experts using the latest instructional and motivational techniques. Classes will be taught by our own caring and expert staff who bring years of experience in teaching all levels of swimming from basic water safety and swimming through coaching our USA & Y accredited swim teams.
See the Y Difference
Nurturing skills and building confidence in the water
• Swim lessons follow the YMCA of the USA Curriculum, developed by national aquatics leaders
• Our swim lessons are 50% longer than other providers (45 min. vs. half hour lessons!)
• Simple monthly draft
• Full Members save 50% and Program Members save 25%
• Progressive program that develops skills and confidence for kids of all ages and levels
Here’s What’s New!
• Simplification of the enrollment process. We understand it’s hard to juggle schedules. Enjoy a worry free one time sign up for swim lessons.
• No more guessing your child’s swim level. Parents will receive a welcome letter which includes a brief survey about their child’s swimming abilities and goals. In addition, they will be assessed the first day of class to insure they are placed into the appropriate level (within their age group).
• Convenient low monthly draft. Requires a minimum 2 month commitment; starting and stopping your monthly draft is easy and painless.
• Greater Instructor Consistency. Learning to swim is a process. Our new class structure provides a platform for learning on a set day and time. This leads to greater consistency with instructors who will get to know your child and really understand how to challenge and motivate them.
• Children progress to next level when they are ready! Children ready to move to the next level will move when ready. No more waiting for the end of a session.
• Those seeking a competitive team experience now have a clear pathway. Pre-Swim Team (Levels 5 and 6) will teach the skills necessary for participation on our USA & Y accredited competitive swim team. (Try-outs required).
• More Parent Feedback. Your child’s progress is important to us and hearing about it is important to you. The Academy will chart your child’s progress towards their swimming goals and provide you with regular evaluations. Expect more communication with you about their achievements and the latest Y swim news.
Parent/Child Classes: Ages 6 months – 3 years
Parents enter the water with their child during these swimming lessons. Together the parent-child team learns how to be safe, comfortable, and relaxed. Classes allow children to have fun in the water while the instructor teaches parents how to guide their child in learning new aquatic and water safety skills.
Preschool Swim Lesson: Ages 3 – 5 years
We offer year-round swim programs in our indoor heated pool. Our student-centered approach focuses on skill development, building self-confidence, increasing water safety awareness, and having fun. Experienced instructors conduct swimming lessons in small groups, and children are placed according to their age and abilities.
Youth Swim Lessons: Ages 6 – 12 years
Swimming lessons follow the YMCA of the USA Progressive Swim Lesson Program. Levels range from non-swimmer through a competitive level. Six levels of progressively challenging YMCA classes cover all strokes, diving fundamentals, and safety skills. Children are tested on the first day of class to ensure correct placement. Lessons are offered weekdays, weeknights, and weekends.
Tweens & Teens Swim Lessons: Ages 9 -17 years
The Y offers swim lessons for tweens and teens at various competency levels from beginner to pre-competitive. Older students often object to being grouped with younger kids for swimming lessons, even when they share a similar skill level. Accordingly, we have designed age-appropriate classes to ensure that children of any age can learn to swim and advance in their swimming goals for safety, fitness, or sport.
Private Swim Lessons: Ages 3 – Adult
Private swimming lessons are taught in accordance with the YMCA National Aquatic Guidelines to provide individual attention for those wanting to improve specific skills of swimming, sports, and endurance events. Private lessons are available to all swimmers ages 3 and up, including adults.
Stingrays Swim Team: Ages 6 – 18
The Hunterdon County YMCA Stingrays is a year-round competitive swim team offering high-quality, professional coaching and technique instruction for ages 6 to 18. The team competes in both YMCA and USA Swim meets. The team goal is to provide an opportunity for every member to improve swimming skills and achieve success at his or her level of ability while instilling the YMCA core values.
Make A Splash
The Hunterdon County YMCA has partnered with Make a Splash, a national child-focused water safety initiative created by the USA Swimming Foundation. Launched in 2007, Make a Splash works by aligning the nation’s top learn-to-swim resources in an effort to save lives. Make a Splash educates parents through a national awareness campaign and saves lives by teaching at risk children basic swimming and water safety skills.